The Ruderman Family Foundation believes that inclusion and understanding of all people is essential to a fair and flourishing community. Guided by our Jewish values, we support effective programs, innovative partnerships and a dynamic approach to philanthropy in our core areas of interest: advocating for and advancing the inclusion of people with disabilities; fostering a more nuanced understanding of the American Jewish community among Israeli leaders; and modeling the practice of strategic philanthropy worldwide. The Foundation provides funding, leadership, expertise and insight in both the U.S. and Israel, with offices in Boston, New York, and Israel.
The work of the Ruderman Family Foundation reflects our core values of social justice, innovation, collaboration, and agility. We seek to publicize broadly what we do in our programs and how we do it, in order to inspire full inclusion and to encourage strategic philanthropy.
The Foundation is deeply involved in advocacy and speaks out publicly against injustices concerning the disability community which is why we are cited and mentioned in nation-wide media outlets on a weekly basis. Furthermore, our Ruderman White Papers (on Media Coverage of Law Enforcement Use of Force and Disability, on Employment of Actors with Disabilities, and on Voting Accessibility for People with Disabilities) are on the forefront of bringing previously undiscussed issues to the national conversation and to the public consciousness.
The Foundation maintains close working relationships with its program partners and grantees. Unlike some other foundations, it does not accept unsolicited applications for support. The Foundation issues an invitation to partner only after a thorough analysis indicates shared vision, innovation, organizational strength and a willingness to closely collaborate. It seeks out other major funders with which to partner and promotes broad information sharing about successes in its mission. Foundation staff are very involved in program development and remain very involved in major programs funded over multiple years. Single-year and pilot programs are also thoroughly monitored.
Social Media Coordinator (New York, NY)
Role and Responsibilities
The Ruderman Family Foundation seeks an experienced and creative professional to promote the organization’s activities and brand, and maintain the Foundation’s online network. The Social Media Coordinator will be based in New York and reports to the Advocacy and Media Relations Manager.
- Develop innovative and creative media content across social media platforms in support of the Advocacy and Media Relations team – create engaging text, image and video content.
- Build creative strategy in collaboration with Advocacy and Media Relations Manager
- Create and maintain relevant social media accounts.
- Set up daily tasks and activities for all social media outlets and create and implement social media posting calendar. Develop an optimal posting schedule.
- Research audience preferences and discover current social media trends and competition.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Build and implement social media campaigns for the foundation’s initiatives.
- Increase following and engagement on organization’s social media platforms.
- Maintain organization’s website and its content on a daily basis.
- Measure website traffic and SEO.
- Develop and expand blogger outreach effort.
- Produce basic print and digital graphics for marketing materials.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, trends, insights, and best practices, and then act on the information.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 years of proven work experience as social media coordinator, managing multiple accounts at an agency or company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, New Media or related field of study.
- Demonstrated knowledge of New Media.
- Background in journalism and fluency in Hebrew a plus.
Highly motivated self-starter with a willingness to learn and a strong desire to succeed.
- Highly creative.
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and tools, and proven experience driving results.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Some graphic design skill and experience.
- Multitasking and analytical skills.
- Strong writing experience for social networks, websites, and blogging with demonstrated ability to write interesting social media content.
- Self-starter with ability to keep on task to meet program deadlines.
- Passion for mission and understanding of our vision.
- Fluency in Adobe Suite and graphic design software a plus.
- Ability to work in a family, small office environment.
- Loyalty, Honesty and Integrity
- Able to use Discretion where required
- Able to communicate openly in a respectful manner with all levels of the Foundation
- Common sense
- Charismatic and Personable.
Benefits include Employer Subsidized Healthcare and HSA plans, an FSA plan, Paid Time Off including most Jewish Holidays in addition to Federal Holidays, and Professional Development Opportunities.
Please send resume and cover letter to Dvir Assouline (email@example.com) to apply